I realized this morning that the shoulder workout I posted on Wednesday I had actually posted before. Whoops lol. Ah well, it is a killer one I would love to say that I am all full of pep this morning, but truth is I feel exhausted. Zoe kept waking up every 2 hours wanting to drink milk. It was crazy. I felt like she was a new born again. I guess that is what I get for wishing she were a baby again lol I am assuming she is hitting another growth spurt, because she is eating a ton and drinking SO much milk!!!
Thank goodness for COFFEE!!!!
On top of being super tired I am also super sore. Today is the last workout day of the week. Today is Leg day. I LOVE leg day!!!
Last week leg day had me walking funny for 3 days. Painful, but awesome!!!!
Leg day goes like this …
- We start with Jefferson Squats 10 reps turn around and reposition your feet and hands the other way 10 reps. Do this 3x go up in weight if you can and concentrate on flexing your glutes and hammies when standing
- Hammie Curls 4 sets of 20 go up in weight each set
- Leg kickbacks 4 sets of 20 going up in weight each set. I use my weight bench for this, but you can use resistance bands for this as well
- Weighted walking lunges 3 sets of 15-20 lunges. I stick with just the barbell since it 45lbs. Again really concentrate on squeezing the glutes and hamstrings when pulling up into the standing position.
- Straight leg deadlift 3 sets of 15 go up in weight each set concentrate on not bending your knees and focus on pulling the weight up with your hammies rather than your lower back
- Calf Raises 2 sets of 25 per position. I do each set with my toes pointed in a different direction. Toes out, toes straight, and toes in. Moving your toes works different parts of your calves. You can do these standing with a barbell or with dumbbells. I do a seated similar to the picture below.
- Leg extensions 4 sets of 15-20 going up in weight each set then go back down in weight and do each set to failure
- Squats 4 sets 12-15 till failure go up in weight each set
Something I always got caught up in when I first started lifting was how MUCH weight I could lift. Don’t worry about the weight. Worry about proper form. You will know when you can or need to go up in weight. After today I will rest for 2 days, which after doing this workout last week I know this will be necessary lol.
I hope you all have a fabulously fit day and an even better weekend!!!