Wow! Can you believe it already the 30th!?!?! Well, that only means one thing….. Time to set my February Goals!!!!
Setting small goals for yourself to reach every month, will help you achieve the big goals you have set for yourself! This year I working to compete in my first figure competition, so you will see my goals reflect that!
Be sure to set realistic goals that with hard work, you CAN and WILL reach. I have been seeing a lot of I want to lose 5-10lbs a week lately, and we all know that is not realistic or healthy. Weight loss takes time, but with proper diet and exercise ANYONE can lose the weight!!!!
Okay, let’s get started with my goals……
- I will do my #LoveMyAbs challenge everyday! I haven’t been doing my challenges on my rest days, due to the fact my body really does need the rest. I have however, been doing them twice the day following rest day. I will continue to do it this way! I want my abs/core to be as solid as possible! I want them to really POP when I get more of my body fat off!
- To drink as much water as possible daily. I have been better about drinking more, I just want to stick to it! Drinking plenty of water can mean the difference between maintaining weight and losing! If you are not properly hydrated, you will bloat and retain water. So drink up!!!!!
- We tweaked my diet again mid January, because I started to plateau again. I had some of my mentors check out what I was eating, because I thought everything was on point. It wasn’t what I was eating that was off, it was when I was eating it. Who knew right??? Anyway, we changed my diet to where I eat the majority of my carbs as early as possible. My first 3 meals of the day are my higher carb meals and my last 3 are my lower carb. I am still eating 40/40/20 at 10 calories per lb ( well I guess it is actually over that now because I lost a few more pounds lol) I am not gonna lower my macros unless I plateau again. I am good right where they are! So, this goal is to just continue to eat how I have been, for optimal fat loss.
To continue with the new workout plans that Josh has written for me. They are not only kicking my booty, but they are also a safer option for me while working out at home. He has them set up to where I am exhausting the muscle well before my bigger lifts and in turn, I am having to go lighter on them just to get through the workout. I feel like a wuss by the end, but I am definitely seeing some positive changes in my body and MOST definitely feeling the muscles tears and staying sore for a few days, so I know we are making some improvements. My workouts are longer and harder and I have to fight myself to finish them, but I am winning lol
- I want to get my body fat % down to 20-15% closer to 15% the better, by the end of my cut. (Not the end of February) Last time I checked I was around 21% I will know all my results tomorrow, but I am hopeful that I can achieve this goal! For competition next year I will need to be below 12% which is why I need to lose so much before my bulk This way after a clean bulk, I will have less fat to lose before I compete.
- I have gotten back in the habit of weighing myself much too often. Grrrr. We all have to remember that our body hears what our mind is saying. If I step on that scale and it is going the wrong way, I get negative. I start telling myself that I am doing something wrong or I am stuck again. I decided it is best for me to only step on the scale every 2 weeks to check in. I know the scale does NOT dictate my progress!!!!
- To DO the #PlankADay challenge. The Plank Police have been after me in January lol. Every time I get the notice on Twitter, I am like Doh!!!! So, I need to be better about it!
- Finish up all the details of packing and cleaning this house for our big move! Just 4 more weeks and I can not express enough how ready we are to get out of this neighborhood!!!!!!
- Normally, I would set a goal for Zoe to learn 25 more signs. We have both been super busy and stressed with the move. I don’t feel I need to put more on her plate. I sign to her regularly so if she picks up on more great, if not it is not a big deal. I mean she has quite a large vocabulary both verbally and in ASL for a two year old! Once we get settled into the new house we will get back on track with her overall lesson time. Right now we will take a short break
Have you set your goals for the month? Remember small goals get us to those big ones!!!! 2013 is gonna be a big year so let’s all get out there and make it happen!!! Hope you all have a fabulously fit day!!!!!